
We really were a good looking group and the music wasn't bad either.
For those that would like to see the names Jerry was thoughtful to run us the whole page.
This is the Official Site for the 1958 Graduating Class of Bowling Green High School. We will be able to post news, updates, plans, and photos for all to see. We are just getting started with this site. When the team members become more aquainted with the procedures it will be a site you can participate in and visit weekly.
2 comments:
Those were some great times. We were lucky to have Mr. Lewis and Mr. Hoskins as boosters.
I remember the day the event was held in the auditorium for us to select the intruments we could rent, from the local music store, so we could learn to play in the band. I chose the cornet, never realizing how important that event was going to be for directing future events in my life. Playing in the band gave me confidence, instilled pride, and introduced me to friends I have remembered for over 50 years. I played with a band in four different high schools, directed the Service School Command Band in the Navy and played in a dance band on one of the ship's I was on from 1959-61. And it all started in the auditorium at BGHS.
Playing in the band taught discipline, practicing taught good study habits, and music is its own reward.
I hope all of you have introduced music to you children, grandchildren, and in some cases,(including my own), grandchildren.
Jerry Mitchell
Post a Comment