I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR NEWS ABOUT A WEDDING THAT TOOK PLACE IN BOWLING GREEN. CLASS MATES DID IT AGAIN. NOW I HEARD THAT SUSAN PARDUE SLAUGHTER AND JOHN MILLER ARE NOW MR. & MRS. CONGRATULATIONS ! !!!
SURE WISH I HAD A PICTURE OF THE HAPPY COUPLES.
NOW ON TO ANOTHER HAPPY COUPLE....
 |
Margaret & Leight in Acadia National Park.
Message from Margaret: Just returned from a month trip to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Acadia National Park in Main. " Trip of a Lifetime"
NEWS FROM JOHN BARBEE
P.O. box 507
Bloomfield, Ky 4008
(this is a new address check your books)
This is not really news but I am having surgery tomorrow to repair a broken left ankle. I broke it about 3 weeks ago. I was going down the basement steps and the cleat on the soles of my tennis shoes caught on the edge of the step and I hyperextended my foot and fell. Thought I just had a bad sprain, but it kept bothering me so I had it x-rayed and found a broken fibula. They plan just to screw it back together and repair some of the ligaments. The bad part is no weight bearing for 6 weeks which will kill me.
John BarbeeAt least John didn't hit a deer this time. Oh John you must be more careful. I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET YOU UP-N-RUNNIN' AGAIN...
DUCT TAPE, BAILING WIRE, SPIT,RUBBER BANDS, AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS!
PLEASE GET WELL SOON.
On another thought : Joyce Copas is heading to Colorado for a couple of weeks. She really needed to get away and the mountains are beautiful.. John I will let you know how she does coming up 14 steps just to get into my home.. then maybe you can try it.
(Breaking News) David wakes from morning nap by noise from BGPW, corpse of garbage can rattlers; take stock of things; no school, no meetings, no pressing tasks rigidly scheduled. David, AKA DEW reads, listens to NPR, checks Email, sorts some papers and checks Email; makes mental list of other opportunities on this beautiful day.
Later, (maybe) more Breaking News.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment